From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1967 While based at Carlisle Kingsmoor Depot, future SVRSevern Valley Railway resident Ivatt Mogul 43106 made her most northerly run into Scotland on a railtour from Carlisle to Beattock and back, becoming the last steam loco to use Beattock turntable.
- 1970 A contract was made between Shropshire County Council and the Guarantee Company requiring the former to give three months' notice of their intention to begin construction of Bridgnorth Bypass.
- 1984 BR Class 50 50007 was outshopped by BRBritish Rail or British Railways in Brunswick Green and renamed Sir Edward Elgar, to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Great Western Railway.
- 1987 Miss Marple: 4:50 from Paddington was first broadcast.
- 1999 A charter special ran from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth with the first SVRSevern Valley Railway crew drawn entirely from volunteers born after the end of the BRBritish Rail or British Railways steam era in 1968.
- 2017 Then resident 34053 Sir Keith Park visited the Nene Valley Railway's ‘BulleidOliver Vaughan Snell Bulleid, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Southern Railway 1937-1948 50’ gala.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 12, SVRSevern Valley Railway News 22
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 25
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 129