From SVR Wiki
On December 8 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1983 The Share Issue launched on 16 November for the development of Kidderminster Town Station reached £104,400, passing the interim target which was for £96,000 to be raised by 29 February 1984.
- 1990 LMR 600 Gordon returned to service. The worst snowstorm for a decade affected the weekend's Santa Special services; only a small proportion of the 9,000 ticket holders were able to attend.
- 1994 Stanier Mogul 42968 made a first light engine running in trip following overhaul. The tender tanks were still being rebuilt so a tender had been borrowed from 45110.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 70
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 98
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 117