B&MR 99766 4 plank Open Goods Wagon
|B&MRBrecon & Merthyr Tydfil Junction Railway 99766 4 plank Open Goods Wagon|
GWRGreat Western Railway 99766 4 plank Open Goods Wagon
|Built By||W.R. Renshaw, Stoke-on-Trent|
|Other Numbers||99766, RNAD233|
|Type||Open 'A' 4 Plank Open Wagon|
|1923||Absorbed, renumbered and modified by GWRGreat Western Railway|
|1944||Withdrawn and sold for RNADRoyal Naval Armaments Depot use|
197 was one of 55 B&MRBrecon & Merthyr Tydfil Junction Railway steel framed opens fitted with 'OK' oil axle boxes and buffers by the GWRGreat Western Railway at the 1923 grouping and one of only three to survive beyond the 1930s, eventually being condemned and apparently sold to the War Department or Admiralty in 1944 and renumbered RNAD233. Hidden from public view within the Royal Navy's Armament Depot at Gosport for over 40 years, it was bought at auction by the The GWR 813 Preservation Fund in 1990. Shortly after arrival on 14 September, it was returned to Brecon & Merthyr livery which comprises light grey woodwork with black chassis and body strapping, and white lettering with red shading.
Rough shunting during the 2001 'Thomas' events resulted in two bent buffer spindles and two broken buffer casings.
- BMR Five Compartment coach no. 111 on the Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey Project database
- GWR 813 Preservation Fund Newsletter Summer 1997
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 102
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 139