SE&CR Open Goods Wagon 12522
This ex-South East and Chatham Railway Open Goods Wagon was built at Ashford, Kent in 1920. Many wagons of this period were wooden-framed, but this example had steel chassis members. As a result it had a long working life, passing to the SRSouthern Railway at Grouping in 1923, and to BRBritish Rail or British Railways post-War. It was later sold to the Port of Bristol Authority, and finally purchased for preservation in 1975. After being stored for 13 years it arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway in January 1988.
Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey
Severn Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition