From SVR Wiki
On May 28 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1940 Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST works number 2088/1940 "Sir Thomas Royden" was delivered new, initially to Little Barford Power Station in Bedfordshire before a transfer to Stourport Power Station during 1941.
- 1961 GWRGreat Western Railway CollettCharles Benjamin Collett, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1922-1941 1400 Class No. 1445 was pictured at Woofferton with an autotrain service to Tenbury Wells and Bewdley.
- 1987 75069 operated the Cardigan Bay Express between Machynlleth and Barmouth and return.
Photos taken on 28 May:
2015: 1501 crossing the Underbridge at Hampton Loade
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- ↑ miac.org.uk
- ↑ Arrandale, Stephen, Facebook 24 February 2022
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 85, p.33