Sand Pit siding at Buildwas
The OS Map of 1927 shows that the Severn Valley Branch connected to a siding serving a sand pit opposite Buildwas Abbey, a short distance west of Buildwas Junction. The siding was not present on the 1902 OS map and was presumably installed after that date.
Access to siding was controlled by a ground frame electrically released from Buildwas Station signal box.
The area occupied by the siding has been restored to a green field site, although an active sand and gravel quarry is located on the opposite side of the Much Wenlock road, in the area between the former Severn Valley and Much Wenlock branches.
- Private sidings connected to the Severn Valley Railway
- Pre-1963 map
- List of historical Signal Boxes and Ground Frames