From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1967 The SVRSevern Valley Railway's first locomotive, 3205, arrived with four GWRGreat Western Railway coaches.
- 1977 Major Olver inspected the line between Bewdley and Foley Park and approved it for passenger working.
- 1986 A Court Order banned boiler riveting at Bridgnorth. It was later overturned on appeal but ultimately led to the construction of Bridgnorth Boiler Shop.
- 1995 LMR 600 Gordon hauled three Roy Castle "Cause For Hope" special trains to raise money for charity.
- 2006 50049 Defiance and 50031 Hood took The Redmire Rambler from Cardiff to Redmire.
- 2015 The SVRSevern Valley Railway successfully defended a claim from a contractor alleging a personal injury, the judge making a finding of 'fundamental dishonesty' against the contractor.
- 2019 The Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd announced the award of a £853,800 grant from The National Lottery Heritage Fund to restore Falling Sands Viaduct.
Photos taken on 25 March:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 168.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 44
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 80
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 114