From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1968 A Birmingham University Transport Society DMUDiesel Multiple Unit railtour operated Hartlebury to Alveley Colliery, returning via Bewdley and Kidderminster.
- 1974 Highley signal box was commissioned.
- 1985 BR Standard 75069's first main line outing in preservation appropriately featured a rail tour to Swindon, as the locomotive had been built there 30 years earlier.
- 2001 The Spring "Branch Line Gala Weekend" included BR Standard 9F 92212, initially hired to the SVR to help operate the Santa Special services as the home fleet was at the time still recovering from the recent boiler crisis.
- 2013 Kidderminster signal box suffered a small fire in the roof, with services terminating at Bewdley for most of the day.
Photos taken on 2 March:
1963: Cound Halt, View of LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway IvattHenry George Ivatt, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway 1946-1948. CME of BR (London Midland Region) 1948-1951 2MTThe British Railways system of classifying steam locomotives by power using a number from 0, least powerful, to 9, most powerful, followed by either F for freight, P for Passenger or MT for Mixed Traffic. 41240 on passenger (Sellick Collection)
1963: Cressage, View West of Eastbound GWRGreat Western Railway Large PrairieLocomotive with a 2-6-2 wheel configuration 5153 on goods (Sellick Collection)
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history