From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1900 60 choristers from Bridgnorth travelled by special train to a non-conformist choirs festival at Crystal Palace, returning at 5:20 the following morning
- 1972 Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 'Invicta' arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1973 Mobile cranes were used at Bridgnorth to lift 46443 and 7714 to remove wheels for axle box repairs and tyre turning respectively. The cranes were also used to turn Peckett 1738 to face north.
- 1987 BRBritish Rail or British Railways closed the former GWRGreat Western Railway works at Swindon where much of the rolling stock on the SVRSevern Valley Railway was built.
- 2001 Anthea Hanscombe attended a “Steam Supreme” driving course as an 80th Birthday treat, duly completing 64 miles of driving aboard 80079 with eight coaches in tow.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Bridgnorth Journal and South Shropshire Advertiser. Saturday 7 July 1900
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 25
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 29 / 34
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 85
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 135