From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1863 The GWRGreat Western Railway (West Midland Amalgamation) Act authorised the West Midland Railway's absorbtion by the GWRGreat Western Railway.
- 1968 Peckett 1738 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1985 A sponsored railing paint was held at Kidderminster to raise funds to acquire 'The People's Engine' 46443 which had been put up for sale by the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1985 The Donkey Gallops was the first project of the new “Civil Engineering and Building Department”
- 1987 An episode of The Halt filmed at Arley first aired on ITV.
- 1989 The SVRSevern Valley Railway participated in the opening of the Worcestershire Way. The route follows the River Severn between Bewdley and Arley via Eymore Wood at Trimpley.
- 1991 The first Kidderminster station staff charity pump trolley run took place from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth and back, propelled by members of the SVR Junior Club.
- 2019 686 The Lady Armaghdale was exhibited at the Chateau Impney Hill Climb Motorsport event
Photos taken on 13 July:
2012: "Catch Me Who Can"
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 69
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Fourth Edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 76
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 93
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 102