Bridgnorth Station Footbridge
This footbridge (Bridge 37) connects Bridgnorth Station's Platforms 1 and 2. Although both platforms were present at opening on 1 February 1862, the footbridge was added later, its construction being authorised by the GWRGreat Western Railway on 12 May 1887.
The footbridge last underwent a major refurbishment in 2004, when it was taken down on 12 February using the 30-ton steam Crane and taken away to Dudley for renovation including shot blasting and powder coating, supported by funds from the SVRSevern Valley Railway's arrangement with the West Bromwich Building Society. A plaque on Platform 2 celebrates the re-opening on 18 May 2004.
In February 2017 the station master appealed for volunteers to repaint the bridge.
List of infrastructure
West Bromwich Building Society
- ↑ Marshall (1989) p. 104.
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 146, pp 4, 51