BR 25771 Corridor Second
|BRBritish Rail or British Railways 25771 Corridor Second|
BRBritish Rail or British Railways Corridor Second 25771
|Built By||BRBritish Rail or British Railways Derby|
|Other numbers||M25771, 18771|
|2015||Overhauled and repainted|
25771 in service
25771 in preservation
It spent some time in Kidderminster Carriage Works, having been photographed there in 2007 for the Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey.
In 2015 25771 was thoroughly overhauled at Kidderminster Carriage Works, having been photographed there in in May 2015 on Facebook, and outshopped in a later variant of BRBritish Rail or British Railways maroon livery-with maroon ends. Appropriately the interior is typical of latter day Mk 1, being clad with light grey patterned Formica. For the present its primary function is to replace vehicles from Set N that are withdrawn in turn for overhaul, but once that programme is completed this very useful carriage is certain quickly to find other work.
- Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book 9th edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Charitable Trust
- 25771 on vintagecarriagestrust.org
- Photos from Richard Herington's post
- Photos from Sharpo's World 2002 and 2005