From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1968 LMS Stanier 8F 48773 arrived at Bewdley, then still a BRBritish Rail or British Railways station although the SVRSevern Valley Railway had a presence in the yard. It remained there until 4 January 1969 awaiting BRBritish Rail or British Railways approval to move to Bridgnorth.
- 1970 The old footbridge outside Bridgnorth Station was closed and boarded up on safety grounds. It was later dismantled.
- 2002 The Friends of 4930 Hagley Hall staged a photo charter featuring visiting LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway PacificLocomotive with a 4-6-2 wheel configuration 46233 Duchess of Sutherland.
- 2013 Ownership of the disused Bridgnorth Tunnel transferred to Highways England Historical Railways Estate when BRB (Residuary) Ltd was abolished.
Photos taken on 30 September:
2015: Visiting Clayton D8568 approaching Highley
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 105.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 142
- David Rostance, 'Bridgnorth Tunnel', Forgotten Relics website, September 2016 (Retrieved 20 April 2017)
- 'BRB (Residuary) Ltd has been abolished', Gov.uk, 30 September 2013 (Retrieved 20 April 2017)