From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1966 The third Open Weekend was the last without steam traction. A fairground including roundabouts, swings and dodgem cars was set up behind platform 2. 1,500 visitors attended, raising £200 for the funds.
- 1983 A weekend event began, organised by the Western Locomotive Association to celebrate the 21st anniversary of D1013 Western Ranger entering BRBritish Rail or British Railways service.
- 1994 BR Standard tank 80079 made four round trips between Snow Hill and Stourbridge Junction to celebrate the re-opening of "The Jewellery Line".
- 2010 37906 attended the Mid-Norfolk Railway's Class 37 Golden Jubilee Event.
- 2018 At the Autumn Steam Gala 2857 carried a '100' headboard denoting she had reached 100,000 miles of service in preservation.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 11
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 70
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 116
- Express Points Web Round UpIn reference to the direction of travel means towards the major terminus (i.e. towards Kidderminster on the present day SVR) October 2010