From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1964 The Warwickshire Railway Society operated the York and Doncaster Tour from Birmingham.
- 1975 During filming of The Seven-Per-Cent Solution a special train operated for the Mid Hants Railway Preservation Society / 48518 Group with LMR 600 Gordon hauling with SVRSevern Valley Railway leg between Bewdley and Bridgnorth and return. Trains for the filming had priority resulting in the Special being delayed at several stations.
- 1980 43106 and 45000 hauled The Welsh Dragon from Shrewsbury - Hereford - Newport - Hereford.
- 1987 The third annual Kidderminster Road Rally took place at Kidderminster. The event, organised by The Erlestoke Manor Fund, attracted buses and coaches from as far afield as Halifax and Brighton.
- 1997 D1062 Western Courier hauled a celebration special dining train to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the locomotive's purchase from BRBritish Rail or British Railways.
- 1998 80079 took the Conwy Climber from Chester-Llandudno Jct-Blaenau and return
- 2015 GWR 650 Brake Third Open returned to service as part of a special train
- 2018 First broadcast of 'Catie's Amazing Machines', a CBeebies programme featuring 2857.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history