From SVR Wiki
On May 24 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1967 The Guarantee Company was incorporated.
- 1969 The ex-GWR Parachute Tank from Bilston West was dismantled prior to being transported to Bewdley.
- 1969 LT L.95, the former 5764 hauled the 12.30am workman’s train from Lillie Bridge, which worked along the Metropolitan Line towards Hammersmith vice a battery locomotive, four years after the end of steam at Paddington.
- 1973 Sir Gerald Nabarro resigned from both SVRSevern Valley Railway boards.
- 1980 The SVRSevern Valley Railway’s 3205, 43106, 45000, 600 Gordon, 80079, D1062 Western Courier and 3 coaches took part in the Rocket 150 celebrations at Rainhill.
- 1987 7819 Hinton Manor became the first steam locomotive in twenty years to haul a passenger train over the Cambrian Coast line between Machynlleth and Barmouth.
- 2012 The Olympic Torch arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
Photos taken at Rainhill in 1980:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 13
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 56
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 85