From SVR Wiki
On May 16 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1983 Kidderminster Goods Depot was formally closed by BRBritish Rail or British Railways.
- 1970 5786, 8233 and 3205 travelled in light steam to Tyseley for a gala, hauled by a BRBritish Rail or British Railways/Sulzer Type 2The British Railways classification for diesel locomotives of 1001 bhp to 1499 bhp.
- 1983 BR 25498 Corridor Second and BR 4399 Tourist Standard Open arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Heaton.
- 1992 A charity train ran in memory of David Williams, a former SVRSevern Valley Railway TTI and treasurer of the Junior Club.
- 1993 Steam returned to the Central Wales Line for the first time since 1965, when 80079 hauled The LlanDod Local railtour.
- 1994 ICI 19052 Bogie Steel Hopper Wagon arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1998 The 'StanierWilliam Stanier, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway 1932-1944 Hind' railtour was hauled by the SVRSevern Valley Railway's 50031 Hood (Paddington to Bristol) and 48773 (Bristol to Plymouth. The same day, 42968 operated Steam on the Met shuttles between Amersham and Watford.
- 2010 LMS Ivatt Class 4 43106 hauled the SVRSevern Valley Railway's 40th anniversary special.
- 2015 SR 34027 Taw Valley Re-entered service after a heavy overhaul.
- 2017 The rear wheel set on the tender of GWR 2857 derailed at slow speed whilst travelling light engine and swapping sets at Kidderminster.
- 2017 Brian Shaw, who in 1998 helped start the Coalyard Miniature Railway, died.
Photos taken on 16 May:
2015: 50049 Defiance at Kidderminster
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 68
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 17
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 107
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 127