From SVR Wiki
On May 12 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1887 The GWRGreat Western Railway authorised a number of improvements at Bridgnorth, including raising both platforms, lengthening the DownIn reference to the direction of travel means away from the major terminus (i.e. towards Bridgnorth on the present day SVR) platform and adding a platform shelter and footbridge.
- 1989 SR 34027 Taw Valley undertook a loaded main line test run between Derby and Sheffield and return, prior to her first main line expoits.
- 1990 D1013 Western Ranger attended the Special Mid Line Promotion Day on static display at Birmingham Snow Hill.
- 1999 The award of a Heritage Lottery Fund grant of £1.757m towards the construction of Kidderminster Carriage Shed was announced.
- 2003 BRBritish Rail or British Railways Class 08 0-6-0DE D3937 'Gladys' arrived on open-ended loan from DeanWilliam Dean, Chief Locomotive Engineer of the Great Western Railway 1977-1902 Forest Diesel Association.
- 2009 The Great Western (SVR) Assoc. ran a special train to celebrate “the 50th Anniversary of the Association on the Severn Valley Railway”.
Photos taken on 12 May:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history