From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1930 Burlish Halt opened.
- 1968 An 'Inspection Special' from Bridgnorth to Bewdley was arranged for officials from BRBritish Rail or British Railways's Estates Department. John Hill drove 3205 hauling two coaches.
- 1973 BR Standard 4MT 75069 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Barry Scrapyard.
- 1979 Following the arrival of D1013 and D1062 the previous year, the SVRSevern Valley Railway staged its first 'Western Weekend'.
- 1991 GWR 60906 Ballast Wagon arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Cardiff Docks.
- 2017 50049 Defiance attended the Bluebell Railway's Diesel Gala. Sister 50035 Ark Royal was also due to attend, but suffered a brake fault and so was unable to travel.
Photos taken on 31 March:
- Marshall (1989) p. 90.
- Williams (1974) P. 132.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 126
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history