Main Page test 2
- On January 16 8 19 46 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
January 16 8 19 46
Welcome to the Severn Valley Railway Wiki
The Severn Valley Railway (SVRSevern Valley Railway) is an ex-GWRGreat Western Railway standard gauge heritage railway in Shropshire and Worcestershire, England. The line has six stations and two halts and runs for 16 miles along the Severn Valley between Bridgnorth in Shropshire and Kidderminster in Worcestershire, following the course of the River Severn for much of its route. Train services are hauled predominantly by steam locomotives, regularly supplemented by a diesel multiple unit and diesel locomotive hauled trains.
This unofficial website is a project aimed to collect information and record events relating to the SVRSevern Valley Railway, both past and present and currently has 1,273 articles and 1,812 images.
For timetables, fare information, and news about special events, please visit the SVR Official Website.
Categories of article
History of the Severn Valley Railway
- History of The Severn Valley Railway under GWR/BR ownership
- History of the SVR in preservation since 1965
Current events on the SVRSevern Valley Railway
Information about the SVRSevern Valley Railway
- Stations on the SVR
- Signal boxes on the SVR
- Locomotives and other rolling stock on the SVR
- Bridges, level crossings, and other infrastructure on the SVR
- From The Window: Things to see along the SVR
- Gradient profile of the line
- Shops and sales coaches on the SVR
- Preservation groups with an SVR connection
- Links to other web sites with an SVR connection
- Paintings of the Severn Valley Railway
- Image Collections
- List of film and TV productions filmed on the Severn Valley Railway
- Tales from the Severn Valley
- The Severn Valley Railway Station Truck
Unsurprisingly, there are a large number of questions about the SVRSevern Valley Railway, both in pre-preservation days and for a number of historical items since then. Take a visit down to Query Corner to see if you have a recollection relating to some long forgotten event, or know of a reliable source (maybe an early edition of the SVR News?) that might have the information we need!
Adding to this Wiki
This site, or "wiki", is a collaborative effort, and anyone who has any knowledge relating to the SVRSevern Valley Railway should feel free to contribute. Once you have created a user account and logged in, you can modify any page by clicking the "Edit" button in the top right hand corner. For some tips on how to format pages, and some guidelines on how to make this wiki accessible can be found on Tips for contributing to the SVR Wiki.
Alternatively, if you don't feel confident editing this Wiki (although there is no reason you shouldn't!!), each article also has a "Discussion" page, which can be accessed by clicking the relevant button in the top left hand corner. This allows you to make additions, suggestions, or corrections to a page without making any change to the article itself.