GWR 542 Horse Box (body only)
From SVR Wiki
GWRGreat Western Railway 4-wheeled horse box 542 was built at Swindon in 1888 to Coach Diagram N4, Lot 437. It was condemned August 1930 and the body subsequently grounded on Highley platform. It was still in situ when the line was bought by SVRSevern Valley Railway in 1970. Since then it has remained in place, and is now used as a bookshop by the Highley Station Fund. As of 2020[update] the Presentation Committee is exploring options for saving and possibly restoring it.
- Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 211