|Towards Hartlebury||Towards Shrewsbury|
Burlish Halt was situated in the western part of Stourport, just off Bewdley Road, between Stourport and Bewdley stations and 3¼ miles north of Hartlebury. It opened on 31 March 1930 and had a single platform with a pagoda style shelter similar to that at Northwood Halt. It principally served the works of Steatite & Porcelain Products Ltd. which opened in 1929; the works was for a period also served by a private siding accessed from Burlish Branch Junction.
At some time between 1958 and closure of the line, the halt was 'upgraded' and the pagoda replaced by the 'bus shelter' in the RCTS photograph below. The siding ran behind the signal in the photograph, which was used to control the nearby Burlish level crossing.
The trackbed of the Stourport Branch from Bewdley as far as Burlish Park was acquired by the SVRSevern Valley Railway when the southern extension was purchased. The purchase included the Halt, comprising the platform (made from precast concrete sections) and the footbridge. Both were dismantled and stored at Arley for many years before being sold.
It was situated at 52.3502°N, 2.2850°W (OS grid reference SO806725). The site is now a housing estate.
- Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith, Country Railway Routes, Kidderminster to Shrewsbury, 1958 photo.
- Photo on '"we love stourport-on-severn" past and present day' Facebook page, 7 July 2018
- The Severn Valley Railway, John Marshall
- Mitchell and Smith (2007) Pic. 9.
- Peter Pearson and Chris Walton, SVR Forum thread, 21-22 February 2009
- Photo on RCTS website (Link)