From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1845 The Oxford Worcester and Wolverhampton Railway was authorised..
- 1934 Cound Halt was opened by the GWRGreat Western Railway.
- 1965 The Severn Valley Railway Society and BRBritish Rail or British Railways met, agreeing the Society access to the Bridgnorth Station site and BRBritish Rail or British Railways suggesting a purchase price for the line to Milepost 144½ at Alveley Colliery..
- 1968 48773 worked the LCGBLocomotive Club of Great Britain ‘Farewell to Steam’ railtour, double heading with 44871 from Blackburn to Carnforth.
- 1979 As an experiment, BRBritish Rail or British Railways ran a weekend DMUDiesel Multiple Unit service from Kidderminster to Bewdley crewed by BRBritish Rail or British Railways staff, for which Bewdley station was decked out in flags.
- 2003 The Stanier 8F Locomotive Society staged an reunion event to mark 35 years since the end of steam on BRBritish Rail or British Railways, attended by former enginemen from Rose Grove, Lostock Hall and Bolton.
- 2018: The SVRSevern Valley Railway staged a special event to mark the 50th anniversary of the end of steam on BRBritish Rail or British Railways, attended by former enginemen from Rose Grove and Lostock Hall and members of the 'Master Neverers Association'. 45110 and 48773 were on display at Kidderminster.
Photos taken on 4 August:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Rails In Wolverhampton - The Early Years - The Great Western Railway
- Marshall (1989) p. 111.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 189/190, “The Early Days of the Severn Valley Railway”, A.G. Cleaver
- Six Bells Junction (Retrieved 22 July 2019)
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 144