From SVR Wiki
On April 12 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1905 The GWRGreat Western Railway authorised the construction of Rifle Range Halt. It opened in June of the same year.
- 1972 Shares in the newly created SVR(H) were offered to the public to finance the purchase of the southern section of the line between Alveley Sidings and Foley Park.
- 1974 Passenger services began between Hampton Loade and Highley.
- 1986 BR Riddles 4MT 75069 took the 'William Shakespeare' from London Marylebone to Stratford-on-Avon.
- 2018 CBeebies episode 'Train Tracks and Paint', from the series 'Do You Know', was first broadcast. It featured 1501 and Bewdley North signal box.
Photos taken on 12 April:
2014: 2857 approaching Bewdley
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history